- Storksak Jess Diaper Bag ($158). Whether you've got one babe or a bunch, the British brand makes amazing totes for mothers on the move. The Jess is a well-made, stylish bag that provides enough space to stash necessities and sits firm on a mum's shoulder so she can hold onto lil hands or push a stroller.
- Made Me Blush Smartzip Sleeper ($24). The soft cotton one piece is perfect for a sleeping babe because it zips both ways making changing diapers a cinch.
- Snugli Sway Soft Carrier ($35). Many slings involve a mother wrapping her wee one, but the Snugli has a secure insert to buckle the newborn in and even nurse!
- Simple Shoes for Kids ($38 - $42). These colorful and flexible shoes will keep your toddler on track and in style.
- Corsario Soft Pencil Case ($25). Made my Haba, this cute pirate cannon can hold writing utensils and erasers while doubling as a rolling desktop toy.
I'm a huge fan of the Autumn months, so I'm excited that it's almost October. Still, September is one of my favorite months, as it always seems to signify — even now, years after school has been over for me — new beginnings and new possibilities. I like that there's a chill in the air, but it's not so sharp that you need the big puffy coat. It's almost holiday season, but it's not yet time to enter into the stressful frenzy of shopping and preparing. So, to mark the ending of this first Fall month, I've put together a little September playlist. To enjoy, read more
In the height of good weather, food and festivity abound, and right about now, I'm wishing I could teleport myself around the United States. First I'd hit up Manhattan for Wine 2.0's wine sampling this week, followed by the Shrimp & Grits Festival in Georgia, and then some classic Eli's cheesecake in the Windy City. Don't miss out on these events — if you do, you'll have to wait another year!
- New York, NY: The StarChefs Rising Stars Revue New York — Sept. 16
- New York, NY: Epicurious Wine.Dine.Donate New York — Sept. 17
- New York, NY: Wine 2.0 New York — Sept. 18
- Atlantic City, NJ: Celebrity Chef Tour Atlantic City — Sept. 18
- Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA: Delaware River Food & Wine Festival — Sept. 18-21
- Nappanee, IN: Nappanee Apple Festival — Sept. 18-21
- La Crescent, MN: Applefest 08 — Sept. 18-21
- Leavenworth, WA: Wenatchee River Salmon Festival — Sept. 18-21
To see the rest, read more
Events are all over the map this week, especially in New York and California. As usual, there's no shortage of festivals for the oenophile. The other activities, however, really demonstrate our country's appreciation for regional American foods, from shellfish on the Eastern seaboard to kolaches in Texas.
- New York, NY: A Taste of the Village — Sept. 10
- Murphysboro, IL: Murphysboro Apple Festival — Sept. 10-14
- San Diego, CA: Spirits of Mexico — Sept. 11-13
- Traverse City, MI: Traverse Epicurean Classic — Sept. 11-13
- Charlotte, NC: Charlotte Shout Blues, Brews, & BBQ — Sept. 12-13
- Grapevine, TX: Grapevine's GrapeFest — Sept. 11-14
- Greenville, SC: Euphoria — Sept. 11-14
To see the rest, read more
This week's so packed to the brim with festivals nationwide, you couldn't avoid one if you tried. There are food and wine classics all across the East Coast, and here in the West, we're planning on dropping by the chocolate festival in our neck of the woods. If we've left anything out, please chime in below.
- Brigham City, UT: Peach Days — Sept. 3-6
- Saratoga Springs, NY: Saratoga Wine & Food Festival — Sept. 4-6
- Marion, OH: Marion Popcorn Festival — Sept. 4-6
- Columbus, OH: Columbus Food & Wine Affair — Sept. 5
- Chicago, IL: Windy City Wine Festival — Sept. 5-6
- St. Louis, MO: Norton Wine Festival — Sept. 5-6
To see the rest, read more
For me, September means hoarding as much Summer produce as possible before it's gone and savoring each day of beautiful weather — while we still have it— with pool parties, picnics, and fireside campouts. On the social front, this month also brings more political banter as we approach the presidential election. Here are five of my essentials for September.
Send your kids back to school with a hardy lunch in hand. While your children may be focused on hitting the books, there's no time like the present to make sure they are mindful of the world around them. Help them choose an Eco-friendly lunch box or lunch sack to tote and store their mid-day meal. These reusable options are economical as you won't have to invest in any brown paper bags and environmentally conscious since they make for limited debris. Don't forget to tell your tots to toss their leftovers in the compost bin.
Depending on where you live, September is either still stuck in summer heat or is winding down into cooler weather. Either way, it's a good time to try out some fall trends, and I've rounded up some of my favorites! To find out what they are, read more
Depending on your lifestyle, September can mean many different things: welcoming the start of Fall, sending the kids off to school, or making your way through piles of very thick magazines. So for my must haves this month, I'm chasing a few trends, readying my garden and home for cooler weather, and expanding my magazine storage.
- Magazines get quite fat in the Fall, and this ever-expanding Mxyplyzyk Magazine Rack ($24), coming out in mid-September, lets you add capacity while you catch up on your reading.
- Bright yellow accessories are a must-have this Fall, so choose one sophisticated accent, such as this Kate Spade Perry Street Clock ($40).
- As the mercury drops, be sure to have a cute throw to curl up with, such as this Autumn Leaves Jacquard Throw from Wrapables ($37.95).
- The chandelier trend isn't going away anytime soon, and these ornate but modern fixtures are a great elegant light source as the days get shorter.
- Keep your flower garden full of cheerful color by planting a few autumn perennials, such as mums.
"Thirty days has September" and with items like these you can make the most of those thirty days! Fall is beginning and it's back to school time! Even if you are not headed to class these five buys will help you be fit in and for September.
To read about these must haves just read more