These pretty pink macarons are hot! Honestly, there's a Hot Tamale candy waiting in the middle. I would have loved to try one of these! — Tartelette
Last week I saw that Tartelette went out and baked some delicious looking doughnuts. When I read her post I knew immediately — if not sooner — that I had found my next baking project. The recipe comes from another respected food blogger, so I knew I couldn't go wrong.
A packet of yeast and a few hours later, YumJimmy and I were noshing down on delicious baked doughnuts. The recipe has definitely got to be healthier than fried dough, but don't trick yourself too much, they're still dipped in butter and rolled in sugar. Or if you feel like it, go ahead and trick yourself, they're definitely worth it!
To get the recipe and see my step-by-step pics, read more
- One of my favorite food personalities, Mark Bittman, is getting a new show. It should start this week on PBS stations near you. - Serious Eats
- If you want to eat locally, why not start with a garden in your own lawn? You won't be the only one, urban gardening is on the rise. - Chow
- Remember how I told you about the state egg debacle? Looks like I really should have clicked on them all, apparently I missed artist Penny Smith's Louisiana's egg featuring a miniature Emeril. - Food Network Addict
- Warm weather is arriving and that means it's time for ice cream! Don't miss out on this sweet/salty Salted Butter Caramel Ice Cream. It's not even 11am here and I am drooling. - David Lebovitz
- You might want to pay more attention when reading nutrition labels. The math doesn't always add up when counting fat and trans fat. - The Ethicurean
- And finally, here are a few desserts for you to try: Berry Brioche Pudding (beautifully put together by La Tartine Gourmande - Arborio Rice Pudding (scroll down to the end of this Smitten Kitchen post) - Ultimate Lemon Pound Cake (a treat for us from Tartelette).
- Discover the difference between Hershey's Kisses and Hershey's Chocolate Truffle Kisses. - Candyblog
- The Discovery Health channel is giving Nathan Lyon, from last year's The Next Food Network Star, his own show: A Lyon in the Kitchen (oh and it starts tonight). - Serious Eats
- I've recently discovered that I really enjoy parsnips and now I have a new recipe to try: parsnips boiled in sap. - Cookthink
- I love lamb. I love tagines. I especially love lamb tagines - Spiceblog
- Maybe I'll skip the baking this week and make some tasty, tasty salted butter and chocolate caramels instead. - Tartelette
- Now you can take your drink wherever you go, introducing liquor flask sandals from Reef. - Liquor Snob
- Unless you're a vegetarian, you're probably going to want a drool guard before looking at these German Beef Roulades. - What's For Lunch Honey
- Learn how to make Hot Cross Buns just in time for Easter. - Becks & Posh
- And finally, for weeks I've been meaning to point out the bacon alarm clock - now you can wake up to the smell of cooking bacon. - Daily Olive