I used watermelon, feta cheese, and Kalamata olives, but if you don't like olives, the combination of watermelon and feta is a classic crowd-pleaser. These skewers were drizzled with basil oil, but any herb you have on hand (mint, cilantro, parsley, etc.) would pair with the watermelon. Read more to check out the recipe that's so uncomplicated it almost shouldn't be called a recipe!
July means the Summer heat reaches its peak, and big, juicy watermelons pile high outside grocery stores. You'll want to stock up on this powerful melon after you're briefed on its abundant nutrients and have viewed these five inspired watermelon recipes. Prepare to feast succulently.
This ahi tuna and watermelon ceviche is the perfect refreshing treat for these hot Summer days.
- The secrets to making perfect pizza.
- The secrets to making perfect pizza. — Eatocracy
- Freaky eaters who are addicted to maple syrup. — TLC
- Must make: shrimp and grits with arugula. — Serious Eats
- How going gluten-free changed the life of one girl.— Gilt Taste
- 60 awesome images from this weekend's Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. — Skollie Magazine
- Things you need to know about the food crisis. — Food Republic
- Tips for a budget-friendly destination
wedding. — The Daily Meal
- Top Chef's Dale Talde has got a new gig. — Grub Street NY
- Watermelon! 14
- Rick Bayless shares on the cuisine of Tijuana.
- Rick Bayless shares on the cuisine of Tijuana. — Grub Street SF
- How to make the perfect steak sandwich. — Yahoo Shine
- The most common ingredients in fast food. — TLC
- An inside look at a dinner party hosted by Martha Stewart. — The Martha Blog
- Breastaurants growth shows no sign of stopping. — Huffington Post Food
- The saddest comic you'll ever read about oysters. — Gilt Taste
- If you have a food dehydrator, you can make watermelon prosciutto! — The Kitchn
- A brief history of the expensive burger. — Food Republic
- Wolfgang Puck has launched his own wine label. — Eater
This grilled chicken recipe is perfect for Summer's last hurrah this Labor Day weekend, making good use of two warm-weather favorites: barbecue and watermelon.
At an outdoor BBQ it's not unusual to see seasonal fruit alongside the meaty main dish, but how about dressing your poultry with the juicy bounty? This fresh take on barbecued chicken will surprise your fellow BBQ-goers with its sweet and spicy watermelon glaze.
Get the recipe after the jump.
One of my favorite online pastimes is browsing recipes. Not just any recipes, but appetizers and pitcher drinks (yes, I am obsessed with cocktail parties). Since I'm partial to certain recipe databases, when I come across a preparation I've never seen before, like this watermelon sangria, I'm super excited. As I read it, getting more and more giddy by the minute, I wondered, how had I never seen it before? I went through the recipe rolodex in my brain.
There was nothing labeled watermelon sangria. I sent a link with the recipe to YumSugar asking her if it looked familiar. She had not seen it either. Thus, I made it the following day and received rave reviews. It was so refreshing and easy to drink that I made it again. And again. No joke, this watermelon sangria is my new favorite recipe! It's fruity, cooling, and addictive. Want to learn how it's done? Get the method now.
big little teeth you have! Even though North is used to his seedless watermelon coming in cubes, I know it's not necessary to do so even for tiny jaws. Check out this pom cutie chomp her way down to the rind. Yummy!
See these creatures snack and learn a bit more about Ring-Tailed Coatis in the process when clicking through this summery slideshow. It's yummy!