From Katie Sweeney
1 bag of whole-wheat pita bread
Olive oil, for drizzling
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, for sprinkling
Spices (like garlic powder, cayenne powder, etc.) or finely chopped fresh herbs, for sprinkling if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Start by cutting each piece of pita bread in half down the middle. Stick your fingers in between the top and bottom layer of the bread (like you would to make a pita pocket) and separate the two halves. Repeat with the other side of the pita so you have four thin pieces of pita bread.
- Slice into triangles about the size of chips. Transfer to a large baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining pita breads, spreading the chips on an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle or brush with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. If desired, add another element of seasoning in the form of spices or finely minced fresh herbs.
- Bake until lightly browned and crispy 12-15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.